European Goldies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Racing Techniques

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunny
Nub
Sunny

Racing Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Racing Techniques   Racing Techniques EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:35 pm

I saw alot of us failing with shocks lately, so i thought i'd write something so people know where and when to use shocks more :3

Okay, first of all you have to know what clan members use what character. Me or Count for example, we use chars that not many others use (Mii and Rosa) So, if you see one of us in 2nd, and a funky (From wich you are SURE is from the opposing team!) Then targetshock him/her on short tracks (Below 120 seconds) onLAP 3! Except if he's really far infront, then you should just do it lap2. But on short tracks, try to do it lap 3.

No places where you can shock? Always use the shock before the first item boxes of lap 3. If it gives you a star, keep the as long as possible, so you can get another item with it while being invicible. This gives you top 3 on most luck tracks. so yea, basicly you should never use the shock lap 1 or 2 on short courses (Yoshi falls excluded)

Another thing, if you get a bullet, try to keep it as long as you can and use it when you see the person in last going to the first item boxes of lap 2. This is when the shock is used most of the times, unless you're facing sandbaggers. Should be around 40 seconds, so that's the best time to use a condom. (If you are holding a bullet, the person in last get 50% more chance of obtaining the shock)

Frontrun: MG, TF, DKx, WGM, DC, KC, MT, MH, BCwii, RR, GV2, YF, WS, DKJP, BC3, PG, DKM, N64BC.
Midrun: LC, MC, CM, DKx, DC, KC, GV, DDR, YF, SL, DS, DKJP, RMC, MC3, PG.
Sandbag: LC, MMM, MC, DC, GV, DDR, PB, YF, MR, SL, SGB, DH, MC3.

As you can see, Daisy Circuit and Sherbet Land are in all 3 catagories, but these tracks or just to random. (Most track are, but yea just looking at what normally happens when i race on it.)
You shouldn't sandbag ANY of the Frontrun courses, exept maybe KC and PG. (And YF and DC ofcourse) It's just to hard to catch up, and you lose control to fast if you use shrooms all the time. I might post a guide about how i race every track, but i'm to sleepy right now Razz

Basicly, my racing style is different on every track i race. But frontrunning is the best option most of the times.

Luigi Circuit: 1) Midrun/Sandbag. The best thing you can do here is try to get into 3rd or 2nd with a shroom. To overtake the number 1 on lap 3, but most of the times you have a shock ruining that, so even better would be holding a mega shroom or star for a long time. Only do this, when you're placed 6th or higher. If you're 7th or lower, try to get a star and DON'T immediatly use it. Save it until the next item box and use it, (Or earlier when you see the person in last going into the first item box of lap 3) hope for a gold shroom, and you have 90% of getting top 5.
2) Get the shock, stay last (And try to keep the big pack just before you) and use it when everybody got their item on lap 3; before the first item boxes. But make sure your opponents didn't have the chance to use their item. If there's a team mate infront of you, use it just before he hits the item boxes so he can also get an item. (This tactic works for most luck courses, so ill only post it under this one, but you can apply it to most.)

Moo Moo Meadows: Get a star, save it until lap 3, use it before the first item box of lap 3. (Once you have the star just try to go as fast as you can while holding it)

Mushroom Gorge: Frontrun is you're only option, and the chances are still high you'll get fucked up. I hate this course, deeply ;(

Toad's Factory: Everything can happen on this course... A shock when you're in the mud can cost you 5 places, if you're in the middle of it and others get the turbo. Best thing to do is frontrun, TTin this track helps alot aswell so you know how to avoid the stamps and boxes.

Last edited by Sunny on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Count
Admin
Count

Racing Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Techniques   Racing Techniques EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:21 am

Go Sun. >Very Happy

Hope this will help people out. :]
Back to top Go down
https://europeangoldiesmkw.forumotion.net
Maverick
Nub

Racing Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Techniques   Racing Techniques EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Good stuff. Maverick approves of this thread. I may add some of my own input in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Roland
Nub
Roland

Racing Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Techniques   Racing Techniques EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:05 am

Sunny wrote:
Should be around 40 seconds, so that's the best time to use a condom.

That's what she said
Back to top Go down
Kate Jayne
Nub

Racing Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Techniques   Racing Techniques EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:34 am

I know he wrote this ages ago, but this has actually helped me a little bit now. ;o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Techniques   Racing Techniques Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing Techniques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
European Goldies :: European Goldies :: Clan Strategy-
Jump to: